To watch GAAGO on your tv you can cast from our mobile apps (available to download on iOS and Android mobile devices) via Chromecast or Apple Airplay
Casting from our mobile app to your tv:
1. Install the GAAGO app on your phone or tablet and then make sure your casting device is on the same WiFi network as your phone/tablet.
If it's your first time using your casting device, you'll also need to set it up according to the manufacturer's instructions to connect it to your phone or tablet. You can cast content via Apple Airplay (iOS only) or Google Chromecast (from our Android and iOS apps).
Note that we no longer support casting to other devices like Fire TV, Roku or smart TVs: for these devices, the best experience is to watch directly on the GAAGO app for that device.
2. Once you have your casting device enabled on your mobile device and TV click on the item of content you wish to watch and hit the casting icon in the top right corner of the screen. *If the icon remains greyed out (see below) and tapping on it does not cause anything to happen, your casting device is not being picked up. Please ensure all devices are connected to the same internet source and that your casting device is set up correctly as per the manufacturer's instructions.
3. After clicking on the casting icon you should be provided with a list to select your TV / casting device from. 3. After a few seconds content should display on your TV screen.
If you are having trouble casting on the mobile app, it may be possible to cast from our website to your tv. You should be able to mirror what’s on your device via the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ in the Google Home app. Casting your Android screen allows you to mirror your Android device to the TV so you can enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your mobile device—only bigger. Please refer to the below link on how to ‘Cast Screen/Audio on your device https://support.google.com/chromecastbuiltin/answer/6059461?hl=en
It may also be possible to cast from your internet browser (as opposed to from our player which no longer supports casting). For more information on this see https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?hl=en
To stop casting:
1. Click the casting icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen on your mobile device
2. Click 'stop casting' on the pop-up that appears on the screen (as seen below)