You can watch content directly on our website or mobile apps but if you rather watching on a bigger screen, you can:
1. Cast to a TV from our mobile apps via Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay; or
2. Watch directly on one of our TV apps.
Casting from our mobile app to your TV:
1. Install the GAAGO app on your phone or iPad/tablet (we do not support casting from our website).
2. Make sure your casting device (Chromecast / Airplay) is on the same WiFi network as your phone/tablet. You can cast content via Apple Airplay (iOS only) or Google Chromecast (from our Android and iOS apps).
If it's your first time using your casting device, you'll also need to set it up according to the manufacturer's instructions to connect it to your phone or tablet.
Note that we no longer support casting to other devices like Fire TV, Roku or smart TVs. For those devices, you will need to download the GAAGO app directly on the device.
3. Once you have your casting device enabled on your mobile device and TV click on the item of content you wish to watch under the 'MATCHES' section and hit the casting icon in the top right corner of the screen. *If the icon remains greyed out (see below) and tapping on it does not cause anything to happen, your casting device is not being picked up. Please ensure all devices are connected to the same internet source and that your casting device is set up correctly as per the manufacturer's instructions.
4. After clicking on the casting icon you should be provided with a list to select your TV / casting device from. 5. After a few seconds, content should display on your TV screen.
If you are having trouble casting on the mobile app, it may be possible to cast from our website to your tv. You should be able to mirror what’s on your device via the ‘Cast Screen/Audio’ in the Google Home app. Casting your Android screen allows you to mirror your Android device to the TV so you can enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your mobile device—only bigger. Please refer to the below link on how to ‘Cast Screen/Audio on your device https://support.google.com/chromecastbuiltin/answer/6059461?hl=en
It may also be possible to cast from your internet browser (as opposed to from our player which no longer supports casting). For more information on this see https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?hl=en
To stop casting:
1. Click the casting icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen on your mobile device
2. Click 'stop casting' on the pop-up that appears on the screen (as seen below)
Access GAAGO directly on your tv via our Roku, Apple, Google, Fire TV, LG TV or Samsung TV on-tv apps
Setting up a TV app:
1. Simply search for the GAAGO app on the App Store on your device (you must have Roku, Apple TV, Google TV and Fire TV / Fire Stick, LG TV or Samsung TV [made in 2021, 2022, 2023] )
2. Download the GAAGO app onto your device
3. Upon opening the app on your tv for the first time, you will be required to approve the login on a second device, either on our website or via the mobile app.
To do so on our website, login using the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account then go to https://www.gaago.ie/pair and enter the 6-digit code displayed on your tv screen in the provided field.
On the mobile app, login using the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account then click on the cog wheel symbol (in the top right-hand corner of the screen), select 'Pair TV' and enter the 6-digit code displayed on your tv screen in the spaces provided.
3. Alternatively, you can use a wired connection.
Connect a laptop, accessing the item of content you wish to watch on our website www.gaago.ie, to your big screen via HDMI cable.
Smart TV Browsers
Please note that we do not officially support smart TV internet browsers therefore if you are accessing our service in this way we cannot guarantee it will work without issues.